The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a new regulation which replaces the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC). Even though the UK has expressed its intention to leave the EU in March 2019, the GDPR will be applicable in the UK from 25th May 2018. The Government intends for the GDPR to continue in UK law post Brexit and has also introduced a Data Protection Bill to replace the current Data Protection Act in due course. Your new rights under the GDPR are set out in this notice but will only apply once the GDPR becomes law on 25th May 2018. Please read the following, regarding when we are collecting or processing personal data about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using your personal information.
Below are details for our data collection and processing.
Career Action Plans (Personal Guidance)
- The CareerWave Action Plan is a record of Personal Guidance. It is for the benefit of the recipient of Personal Guidance. A copy is stored by CareerWave, but only shared with others in the event of informed consent given to do so by the beneficiary of the Personal Guidance. The Action Plan is generated on-line and sent to the recipient via e-mail.
- We send the Action Plan to the individual’s email address and/or the email address of the Careers Leader of the relevant school/sixth form or college. The Action Plan is generated as a PDF file. The PDF file does not ‘store’ the recipient’s e-mail address. Nor is the recipient’s e-mail address visible in the email which CareerWave receives as a result of completing the Action Plan.
- The Action Plan includes the First Name and Surname of the beneficiary of Personal Guidance.
- The Action Plan includes a personal ‘career narrative’ including ‘Where you are now’, ‘Where you want to be’ and ‘How you are going to get there’.
- We gain written consent to share the Action Plan with the school and record this consent on the Action Plan. We record the individual’s consent to store the Action Plan for up to 5 years.
- The Action Plan PDF is held in a folder on CareerWave’s secure Office 365 cloud-based server.
- The Action Plan is permanently deleted after 5 years.
- We do not collect and store any other personal information including telephone numbers, personal email addresses, ethnicity, sexuality, sensitive information.
- It is your right to ask us to permanently delete any personal information we might hold about you, including the Action Plan or Plans. You can contact us at email@example.com to request this.
Contact via our Website, Telephone or E-mail
- The information provided by you via our Contact Us form, a telephone call or e-mail is processed and stored. It will be used to contact you in relation to the specific query.
- You can ‘opt-in’ to receive related information about CareerWave services and products by e-mail.
- It is your right, at any time, to ask to ‘opt out’ of the receiving of related information about CareerWave services and products by e-mail.
- It is your right to ask us to permanently delete any personal information we might hold about you, including information processed as a result of completing our Contact Us form, contacting us by telephone or by e-mail. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this.
Any changes we may make to our Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy.
How to contact us
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this Privacy Notice, please feel free to contact us in any of the following ways:
- By telephoning on 07748680747 and asking to speak to Tracy Walters (Director of Business Development and Quality)
- By writing to us at CareerWave Ltd, 16 Hulne Avenue, Tynemouth, NE30 2SA
This policy was last updated in May 2018. The next review date is May 2019.